Website MOTT MACDONALD
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of Single line Diagrams, Equipment layouts, Cable trench/tray layouts, Lighting layouts. Power layouts, Earthing Layouts, Lightning Protection Layouts, Installation drawings and Bulk MTO for Electrical systems within Transmission & Distribution projects.
- Applies broad practical knowledge to design of schematics Layouts – Equipment Layouts for outdoor/indoor substation, trench/tray layouts, lighting layouts
- The activities can be for FEED, Concept studies or detailed design. It will involve both HV and LV distribution based on Client standards, International standards – for UK, Europe, Middle East, South East Asia regions.
- Coordination with other Disciplines or external design consultant for sharing of Inputs as well as carrying out Interdisciplinary checks.
- Awareness and adherence to QA/QC procedure.
- Duties may include extended, but temporary, out-of-town assignments.
- All other duties as assigned.
- BE /B. Tech in Electrical Engineering for BIM Engineers . Diploma in Electrical Engineering for BIM Technicians
- Relevant experience in Electrical design and 3D Modelling in a consultancy organisation for Transmission and Distribution Projects – detailing of 132kV, 220kV systems – Indoor /Outdoor substations. Overseas experience as well experience in Oil & Gas Sector would be an added advantage.
- Fully conversant in 3D Modelling tools such as Revit and review tools such as Navisworks
- Knowledge of ACAD 2D related detailing of Electrical drawings is also required.
- Knowledge of information management tools such as Projectwise / BIM 360, lighting design software like Dialux, Bentley substation for switchyard layouts would be an added advantage.
- Awareness in use of MS office – word/excel.
- Ability to work in independently with lead office as part of integrated team
- Ability to interpret Client comments and to work with minimum mark-ups
- Ability to communicate in English with good written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated individual with keen interest to learn new skills and add value to the team/organisation
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.mottmac.com.