Website MOTT MACDONALD
You will be expected to capture and document the requirements to a high standard, to develop the solution to top quality standards, and to provide support on it once in Production. Longer term, the role will involve working with business analysts and an established team of ETL developers to move the operational data into a data warehouse for long term strategic reporting.
To be successful in this role, you must have the ability to think creatively and should always be seeking new and more efficient ways to improve systems. You must be detail oriented and have the desire to work to a very high standard.
You should be able to manage your own time, work to clearly defined targets and be able to communicate clearly and effectively. This role is positioned within the central IT function and the candidate will be required to work in alignment with UK working hours.
This role will report into the IT Manager responsible for Data and Analytics.
- Working with SME(s) to create clear requirements documentation for sign-off.
- Designing Power BI reports based around IT operational data, that are robust, secure and follow clear design principles.
- Build Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) functions (where it makes sense to build these in Power BI rather than in the data model).
- Work with ETL developers to plan the future strategic development of these operational reports, which may involve migrating the data into our data warehouse at a later time.
- Provide expert advice on dashboard/report design and design principles
- Data querying using SQL on different platforms, such as using SQL within Power BI or SSMS
- Carry out peer reviews of other developers’ work.
- Define and execute test cases as part of developer QA.
- Provide clear complexity estimates during agile scrum sprint planning meetings
- Provide daily progress updates during stand-ups.
- Provide third line support on dashboards/reports, for issues escalated via the Service Desk.
- University degree (or similar qualification) in the field of Computer Science or Information Systems (Highly desirable)
Knowledge and experience – essential
- Proven experience designing, developing, implementing and supporting Microsoft Power BI (Power Query)
- Proficiency in Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) with demonstrable capabilities in this area.
- Skilled in querying data using SQL in Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Performance Tuning in Power BI
- Data security
- Writing business friendly documentation
Knowledge and experience – Highly desirable
- Experience writing and executing test cases.
- Azure development experience (Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL server databases)
- Full software development lifecycle experience
- An excellent level of written and spoken English.
- Excellent written communication skills to display and communicate information to all levels of employees and management
- Creativity and enthusiasm for design
- Strong ability to build stakeholder engagements
- Good attention to detail
The team works collaboratively to offer specialist advice, best practice and technology to all areas of our business specifically designed for our global reach.
The application process
Read the information provided and if it sounds like the right role for you please apply online as soon as possible. Our online application process takes about 10 minutes and you’ll need to upload your CV/resume. You have the option to upload a cover letter – to help explain why you’re interested in applying for this role.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer
- Agile and safe working environment
- Competitive annual leave and sick leaves
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Group Life insurance, Personal accident and medical insurance coverage
- Short- and Long-term Global employment opportunities
- Global collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Digital Innovation and Transformation
To apply for this job please visit www.mottmac.com.